Friday, October 08, 2004

kerry values science over religion

that heathen! or catholic... whatever he is

in fact, kerry would rather talk about clinical science and stem cell research than pay "homage to human life as 'a sacred gift from our creator.'"

At a town hall forum on Monday in New Hampshire, the senator never uttered the words faith, moral, religion, prayer, conscience or God, instead conjuring Galileo and other scientists who once drew the wrath of established religion.


unfortunately, many americans dont seem to understand that the separation between church and state was actually written into the constitution...

Polls suggest that Mr. Kerry may be paying a price for his privacy, with nearly three-quarters of the public wanting a president of "strong religious faith," and a swath of independent voters who identify as religious swaying toward Mr. Bush.


oy. i need to move.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for separating Church from State...

I’m American but have lived in Canada most of my life, but last year I lived in San Francisco for 11 months and even in that small Liberal stronghold I found a level of social conservatism at times that would make a Canadian “PC” (progressive conservative) blanche.

I have registered as an absentee voter. For the first time I feel like I have an ethical obligation to vote.

3:29 PM  
Blogger lia said...

i know what you mean bella... i feel like i live in the most liberal place in the country, but i dated a canadian a while ago and it helped me put even my berkeleybubble into its proper american context... sad, really.

this election does seem so much more "ethically important" than any other in our lives... so far.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home