Friday, August 19, 2005

something else entirely

ok, so no one has been asking me for sex advice. cmon people!

in the meantime, here's something fun that happened outside my work today.

link

crocker

SAN FRANCISCO - An explosion in a utility chamber under a downtown shopping district critically burned a woman, sent a manhole cover flying and shattered windows at a Polo Ralph Lauren clothing store, authorities said.

Sprinklers doused a flaming awning outside the store as panicked workers were evacuated from skyscrapers, stores and buildings around the Crocker Galleria area, said fire spokesman Peter Howes.

"It sounded like a big poof, then there was a lot of smoke," said Tom Demartini, a construction worker who was sitting in his truck outside the store. He said he heard the explosion and saw the sidewalk rise up six or seven inches.


No utility workers were present when the explosion buckled the sidewalk and shot a manhole cover 25 feet across the street, according to Fire Chief Joanne Hayes-White.


kind of exciting for a friday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny how sometimes comments and inquiries will . . . dry up?

It seems inappropriate to use that term in a sexually-oriented blog.

Although "drop off" is even more alarming.

Anyway, I don't seem to be in need of advice at present myself (see my blog to know why I'm smiling), but good luck to you and keep on posting, and I'll read it.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear L.S.
My erection works just fine when I'm alone but not so much when I have company. And then you're in the crunch and you just want sooo badly for the damn thing to work but it just doesn't and it's just useless. Then you're a man attached to a failed erection right in front of a woman who was kind enough to want to see it in the first place.
Any advice?

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home