Sunday, October 10, 2004

Veritable Streaming Bloody Cunts of Information

i just love that title

i came across this site when i was looking for ways of empowering and reclaiming the word "cunt"

... another possible origin [of the word cunt] is the word ‘kennet’, the name of the River Kennet in Wiltshire, England, the river being an ancient symbol of the source of life. This river flows through a most remarkable area of Neolithic civilization; its silvery form is encountered by all visitors to West Kennet Longbarrow and Silbury Hill.

Shakespeare almost used the word 'cunt' in Hamlet. In Act III Scene ii, there's a rather Sid James/Barbara Windsor moment between the Prince of Denmark and
Ophelia:

Hamlet - Lady, shall I lie in your lap?
Ophelia - No, my lord.
Hamlet - I mean my head upon your lap?
Ophelia - Ay, my lord.
Hamlet - Do you think I meant country matters?
Ophelia - I think nothing my lord.
Hamlet - That's a fair thought to lie between maid's legs.


there's some really interesting info there.

what's really amusing is that when i went to my bookmark for this site, i saw some additional stuff... apparently blather.net has had some problems with google...

GooglePrudery: Booted for Dissing Dubya

an email from google to blather: "I have reviewed your account history, and see that your ads were disapproved for some of the content under your 'Shitegeist' link that
advocated against George Bush. For example, language such as "How to keep George Bush as the number 1 failure..."

um... scary?

what's funniest is that this is an irish site...

3 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

"The response from Google - we've been banned for criticising Der Fuhrer!"

lol.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL darth....


Well, it is funny because I bet f cunt were used in shakespeare it would be an acceptable everyday word like vagina.

I have never gotten used to the word cunt for some reason...never seemed that dirty or sexual to me. I prefer pussy.

6:26 PM  
Blogger lia said...

lol, yeah, even in europe you cant criticize the president of the us... i'm so glad we live in a democracy, and that google is an intimate part of it

and i think the way i got used to "cunt" was from reading henry miller

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home